Table of Contents
Having a Nimvio account, you can change your account details anytime. For example, you can change your name, profile picture, and your password. However, please note that your organization name, as well as your email address, are tied to your account, so they cannot be changed.
Follow these steps to update your profile.
1. On your Account Dashboard, click on your account name in the upper right corner, then select the Account Settings option.
2. You can change your name by editing the text in First Name and/or Last Name field, then click on the Update Profile button.
3. To change your profile picture, click on the Camera icon button, then select a picture of your choice.
Follow these steps to change your password.
1. On your Account Settings page, click the Change Password button.
2. By entering your current password, your new password, and your new password confirmation, your password will be updated.
Enable 2-Factor Authentication
2-factor authentication (2FA) is a way of authenticating a user through two different factors. By default, Nimvio authenticate its user by using the password as a single factor. However, you may add a second factor with this 2FA to increase the security measure.
In Nimvio, we use Google Authenticator as the authenticator app. Therefore, you need to install it first for enabling 2FA. Once 2FA is enabled, you will be prompted for both password and a code from Google Authenticator before able to access Nimvio.
Follow these steps to enable 2FA.
1. Make sure you have installed Google Authenticator app on your device.
2. On your Account Settings page, click the Enable 2FA button.
3. Next, you need to get a verification code from Google Authenticator app by scanning the QR code. Alternatively, you can choose "Manual Entry" option in your Google Authenticator app and enter the code provided by Nimvio to your Google Authenticator app.
4. By entering the verification code from Google Authenticator app and your Nimvio password, the 2FA will be enabled.
5. Once enabled, every time you want to log in to Nimvio, you will be asked for entering security code in addition to your email and password. Please enter the security code generated by Google Authenticator app at that time. Note that the code generated by Google Authenticator is valid for a limited time only. After the time is exceeded, it will generate a new code.
What is Next?
Congratulations! You have finished the guide. Keep exploring below:
Please sign in to leave a comment.